MOTA’s Legislative Platform
Maryland Occupational Therapy Association (MOTA) supports an integrative legislative approach that focuses on occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, occupational therapy students, health and occupational participation of consumers, and those systems that support services (e.g., hospitals, schools, community programs).
MOTA supports initiatives that:
- Promote quality occupational therapy through education and licensure.
- Address occupational therapy recruitment, retention, and diversity.
- Ensure and protect the rights of practitioners to provide quality care within their full scope of practice.
- Promote client/consumer safety, access to care, education, and self-determination.
- Advocate maintaining or expanding occupational therapy roles through legislation and targeted initiatives through the Maryland General Assembly.